2013 Collegiate Rugby Tournament
April 20 & 21
- TOURNAMENT SITE:Gardner Seveny Sports Complex 715 East Main Road (route 138)Portsmouth Rhode Island.
- SATELLITE PARKING:All Bus, Team Van, Automobile Parking will be at the Satellite Parking Lot at Newport Grand (4.5 miles from venue). Address for Newport Grand 150 Admiral Kalbfus Roady, Newport RI 02840. Directions to Newport Grand are located on http://www.newportgrand.com/directions.html
- SHUTTLE BUSES & FEES:tournament site to the satellite parking. There will be a $5.00 shuttle bus fee for all non participants (participants defined as players, coaches, team administrators, and medical staff). The $5.00 fee can be paid via cash or credit card. All shuttle bus riders will receive a shuttle bus card for that will be required to ride. Beast of the East Staff will be at both the tournament venue and the satellite parking lot at Newport Grand to assist riders.
- ONSITE PARKING:Parking at the Beast of the East Tournament Venue is restricted. Only essential personnel, referees, media, and handicap vehicles with appropriate signage will be allowed to park onsite.
- REGISTRATION / CHECK IN: All teams are to check in at the main registration tent. The team will then be directed to their tournament staging area. All teams are required to set up in their staging area. Trash bags will be provided to each team to support maintaining a clean tournament environment. Teams are encouraged to be onsite prior to any games that kick off in their division. Schedules are subject to change without notification. Schedules are posted on www.beastoftheeast.net and on https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beast-of-the-East-Rugby/211489112276651?ref=hl.
- ALCOHOL / BEHAVIOR POLICIES:There is a zero tolerance alcohol policy at the Beast of the East. Profanity or vulgarity will not be tolerated as a part of pre-game chants or lineout calls. Abusiveness towards a referee or tournament official may result in the individual or team being disqualified from competition. Any person caught disobeying the alcohol stipulation of theis tournament , vandalizing or defacing public or private property, is caught stealing from vendors, teams, or fans will be immediately reported to the Portsmouth Police and the appropriate school officials.
- TAILGATING / FOOD SERVICE:Teams are allowed to provide food for themselves contained to their team staging area. Grills and food sales / distribution are not allowed at anytime. Tents set up by teams must remain in their team staging area and must be appropriately anchored. Teams that do not clean their staging area at departure will be assessed a fee for clean up.
- DIRECTIONS FROM NEWPORT GRAND TO TOURNAMENT SITE:Depart Newport Grand parking lot crossing route 138 to Girard Ave. Turn Right on Maple Ave. Turn right on East Main Road. Continue on East Main Road until Beast Fields on right (715 East Main Road Portsmouth, RI)
- DIRECTIONS FROM TOURNAMENT SITE TO NEWPORT GRAND:Turn left at the Exit onto East Main Road. Follow East Main Road until it ends / merges with West Main Road. Turn Left on West Main Road. Turn Right on Admiral Kalbfus Road. Turn Left into Newport Grand Parking Lot.
The Beast of the East is presented by Rhode Island Rugby Football Foundation (Providence Rugby Football Club)
Beast of the East Team Services & Registration Information Contact
email@example.com or 401-347-3974.